Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Changes

I decided to start a new blog because I was not keeping up with my first try, "Camino Luz." When I started the blog I was traveling around the United States and the world while my husband was stationed in Korea for a year. I had time to sew, time to read, time to shop...too much time on my hands. I left Korea in August to move to Shreveport, Louisiana (our next Air Force assignment) to find a job teaching. I was hired two days before the school year started and began teaching American and World History full time. That has been my life this year. I wake up at 5:42 a.m., get to school by 7:15 a.m. and work until 4:30 p.m. on average. I typically bring assignments home to grade or lessons to plan each night, usually adding an additional two hours to my workday. This is the catch though: I love it. I love my job. There are days when I want to pull my hair out because of kids being disrespectful or rude, but most days I simply love what I am doing.
So...this new blog will be about teaching, the books I read concerning education (and otherwise), some crafting/sewing, lesson plans and maybe some personal stuff here and there. I'm really excited about this new adventure and I hope you are too!

1 comment:

  1. It's an amazing feeling to love what you do, and I'm glad you do. Looking forward to a teaching blog to stay up with the times- I don't know where you find time to read between grading and planning, so I'll read vicariously through you, if that's acceptable.

    ReplyDelete