Monday, July 19, 2010

Travel

I've decided to go with a travel theme this year in my classroom. I loved Social Studies as a student because it opened up new worlds I never thought I would see in my lifetime. I've been blessed to travel all over the world, but many of my students feel (or in most cases, are) stuck in the town in which they reside. I know many families choose to stay in their home towns, but I feel its important to travel and see different parts of the country, if not other parts of the world.
I'm going to start the school year off with a piece of luggage (figuratively) and they will have to choose what to put it in it throughout the school year. What they choose (homework, participation and behavior) to put in the luggage will determine their journey into the future (their grade).
Anyone have any ideas how I can incorporate the theme of travel and journeys into my classroom? I've already purchased this decal from WowWall on Etsy, but I would love more ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I request that you fix the decal link, please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete